AOSSM has much to be proud of in 2019, including:
• Receiving Accreditation with Commendation for a six-year term by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®). Accreditation with Commendation is the highest tier available to CME providers and is a benchmark of success for organizations that excel in providing physician education.
• Shattering the Annual Meeting attendance record in Boston by welcoming nearly 2,300 sports medicine professionals and industry partners to our event.
• Providing leading didactic and lab training at the sold-out Fellows Course.
• Partnering with the NFL and MLS to create programs tailored to sport-specific injury treatment and prevention.
• Collaborating with leading orthopaedic specialty groups, both in the United States and International, to produce advanced learning opportunities during our annual Board Review, Advanced Team Physician and Surgical Skills courses.
• Receiving a record number of abstracts for both our Annual Meeting and Specialty Day.
• Promoting a forward-looking research agenda and awarding more than $300,000 to support research initiatives in orthopaedic sports medicine.
• Fostering a lifelong pursuit of learning through our highly-regarded Traveling Fellows Program.
• Securing our spot as a leader in publishing by celebrating AJSM’s #1 Impact Factor ranking in orthopaedics and Sports Heath in the top quarter of sports sciences journals.